Superior quality and fast service — get the costs for new windows installed in a single day in Russell, Massachusetts.
- A wide selection of windows
- Lifetime warranty
- Fully licensed and insured experts
Submit the form for a window replacement cost estimator
GET YOUR WINDOW REPLACEMENT COST & SERVICE WITH COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND
We stand by our work, and we offer our customers a lifetime warranty for labor and materials, so you never have to worry about being let down.
Don’t leave your window installation in the hands of the cowboys. We’re licensed and insured in CT and MA so you know you can trust us to deliver.
You’ll be surprised how quick Major Home Improvement team can install your windows.
Our manufacture replacement window lines are designed for years of care-free dependability and ease of use. Crafted of superior maintenance-free vinyl, our options have energy-efficient performance, smart durability and great looks that can help reduce energy costs from day one.
Give your home an incredible new look and boost its curb appeal without any need to renovate. Choose from a wide range of styles, including:
- Bay windows
- Garden windows
- Picture windows
- Double hung windows
- Special shapes windows
- Patio doors
- Slider windows
Whichever type of window you need
You’ll enjoy fast and professional installation or replacement from our Window Experts.
We’ve installed windows for thousands of customers, and they love what we do. Just take a look at what they have to say about our service in Russell, MA:
Great company and service! Two friendly and knowledgable guys came in the morning and changed 11 windows within 1 day. Very professional, very nice job for a great price! I would never use any other company except them. Thank you!
The work was excellent. Clearly communicated costs and no surprises upon completion of the job. They came when they were scheduled and they worked very hard and efficiently. They kept my house clean and were very courteous to my family and me. They were very knowledgeable and I’m confident recommending MHI to anyone.
- – Single Hung
- – Double Hung
- – Arched
- – Awning
- – Bay
- – Bow
- – Casement
- – Egress
- – Garden
- – Glass Block
- – Hopper
- – Jalousie
- – Picture
- – Round Circle
- – Skylight
- – Sliding
- – Storm
- – Transom
- – Custom
Home / House / Residential
Window Replacement and Installation Guide
Window Replace Vs Installation
Window replacement cost depends on a variety of factors. Normally, customers pay close to $600 and $1000 for each window. Those prices include the cost of labor installation. To replace all of the windows in a three bedroom home, prices start from just under $5000 to just under $9000. Bear in mind that the amount of windows, framing material, sizes, and types of windows play a very important part in the total cost. Professional labor installation typically around the $200 mark or a little over.
To find information more relevant to your locale, it would better suit your price calculations if you searched your preferred search engine by typing something like “window replacement near me” or “window installation near me”. If you prefer to do things the old fashioned way, there exist price estimators in home improvement stores.
Keep in mind that the cost to install a window in an existing wall will be slightly cheaper. The common factors to acknowledge when calculating window installation costs are listed below for your convenience.
- Amount of windows.
- Material for framing the windows.
- Kind of windows you choose.
- Cost per hour or per window for paid labor (If you choose a professional installer)
For example: Normally a low efficiency glass vinyl window will be about $$$ or less to install, with labor costs separate. Single hung window jobs, normally go for under $600. A common choice from the prices.
Home Window Replacement
House window replacement or home window installation could be priced on the higher side of $16000. On the lower end, you could be $10000 less around $6000. Prices are these expensive because they usually include all of the windows in the house. They are normally pre-calculated with the number of windows, sizes, types of windows, and choices of the customer. A average home has a window placed at every 100 square feet of the house.
Window Installation Cost for Various Types
Windows installation may be a bit more expensive than window replacement cost. That is because installing a window requires creating a new opening in a wall. Replacing simply requires fit a window into an exciting place. Below includes some common window types and sizes that serves as a quick window replacement cost estimator and a window installation cost calculator.
- Full Frame Window Replacement Cost and installation – You may be paying a top price of around $1200 to install a full frame window. They are usually only available in general sizes. This allows them to be placed into the existing space of a project. Installation of a large double or triple pane window by a professional, you will be paying upwards in the $8000 range.
- Vinyl Window Replacement Cost and installation – Vinyl windows are the most common replacement choices, because they are well known to be cheaper. The maintenance for the material is not as like the other types of material options as well. Only known problem is the fading of color, with time. Depending on the factors mentioned above, you expect to pay up to $900 for a single window. On the lower end, you could pay as little as $100. Normally people put as high as $590 for an energy efficient, double hung/double pane window. Probably could see prices as low as $350.
- Casement Window Replacement Cost and installation – Casement windows have massive opening. So relatively, the prices to install or replace these kinds of windows will be a little higher. They open from side to side normally by a lever, but some have been seen opening bottom to top. Replacements of these windows could be almost $1000 or more. For a smaller variant, it can cost around $210.
Paying for Labor to Set Up a Replacement Window
The cost of labor for the installation of a standard sized vinyl window replacement should be about $300 at the most. Maybe you will see a promotional cost of under $200. If you do, that is a great rate for a professional job. To remove and replace a single pane window glass, installing vinyl frames or putty, prices could start near $30, and move up to just under $100. Double pane windows are normally under the $200 per window. Throw in about another $175 per window, to add weather stripping.
Hiring a Professional
This should only be done by someone that is sure of exactly what to do. Professionals will do it right the first time. Two story homes are a bit more difficult and frustrating. There are many unique conceivable guides where you could attempt to perform the work yourself. You will have to accept and invest many frustrating hours, days, weekends, and probably more money to correct the errors made in the process.
Hiring a Professional is the Right Choice
Labor cost to install windows is probably what you are trying to avoid. This job is not as easy a tutorial you will find online. On the plus side of accepting a professional window installer, you will get all of the following benefits listed below.
- Adhering to regulations – Firstly most importantly is acknowledging the inevitable regulations. They will as well know how to address the situations like deteriorating materials. Ensuring that the task follows the codes and regulations in the area where the job will be performed.
- More Agreeable Price – These professionals can get better prices for the material needed for the job.
- Quicker Completion Times – Experienced professionals will complete a job almost 10 times faster than a normal person.
- Tools and Gear – These experienced professions are equipped with all the tools necessary to put in the windows for the job.
- Tidiness and Disposal – When the last window has been put in, and everything looks better, the clean up process will be done by the professional.
- Presentable Work – A skill and art that the professionals you hire have took years learning and honing. from each one window will be put in with no spaces left for hot and cold air to maintain the temperature in your home exactly the way you desire and require it.
Major Home Improvements, LLC
Russell, MA 01071
Phone: (413) 314-2065
Monday-Friday: 10:00am – 6pm Saturday & Sunday: By Appointments Payments Accepted: Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, Check
©2020 Major Home Improvement LLC. All rights reserved.
Powered By Landing Page Boost